Re: [OT] ports 753 and 783

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 12:05:25AM +0200, David Dumortier wrote:
> netstat says tha listening and these ports are :
> 783 : hp-alarm-mgr
> 753 : rrh

if you use "netstat -pel" as root, you will see the actual process (pid and
process name) which is listening on this ports. Most likely you have
installed the program which is listening on that port, yourself.

> Theses ports are not in /etc/services. I fear a worm or other silly thing.
> I don't know what are they.

/etc/services is not needed to listen on a specific port. In my
/etc/services i see however:

783: smapd # spamassasin daemon

Greetings
Bernd