Re: IP aliasing problems.

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 07:11:00AM +0300, Tarmo Lehtpuu wrote:
what does up and down mean in that context? are the entries dropped from
ifconfig output?

It means that I can ping the IP from the outside network for a minute
and after a few minutes I can't. From our subnet it still works.

can you ping it from the router? it looks to me like a routing problem, so
we need the full layout of your network.

Greetings
Bernd
Are you running gated, and you haven't put your static routes into gated.conf )(Gated really wants to be in control & if you add a static route by hand, it'll remove it).

I don't suffer from Insanity... 	| Linux User #16396
	I enjoy every minute of it...	|

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/		|