DCC chat/sends howto ??

Ok im having big difficulty with allowing my firewall
to do DCC chats/sends.

I have tried to compile the IRC protocol into the
kernel 2.4.20, and ive also tried compiling it as a
module as well, and doing seperate insmod cmds which
all have stated that they are loaded.

Right now, i can do a DCC chat if someone else sends
the request to me, a box pops up and it can be
connected.   Now when i try to send them a request,
they get a box to pop up, and when they try to accept
it just times out.

Ive tried just DCC chat myself between 2 clients on
the same box, and no matter what ive tried, via /ctcp
user CHAT  or /dcc chat user   neither would allow a
connection, the request would be sent, but it couldnt
be connected and sent back.

This is my first line in my iptables script

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state
ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

So it should work, i would think.  Anyone have
suggestions as to what could possibly be blockin the
requests from being sent back to me?  I need this to
work between internal boxes, and also between external
boxes as well.

Please let me know if theres any more info that would
be helpful in diagnosing this

thanks
-paul