Re: need iptables rule to turn off ecn on a firewall

On Fri, 2 May 2003 03:23 pm, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
> The internal network has ECN on.  A few ports are NATed going out.  Is
> there an iptables rule that will turn off ECN as ports are going out
> through the firewall?

Haven't actually done this myself, but it's definitely possible according to
the iptables man page :
===
   ECN
       This target allows to selectively work around known ECN blackholes.  It
can only be used in the mangle  table.

       --ecn-tcp-remove
              Remove all ECN bits from the TCP header.  Of course, it can only
be used in conjunction with -p tcp.
===
Something like:

iptables -t mangle -I FORWARD -o $EXTERNAL_INTERFACE -p tcp --ecn-tcp-remove

(untested, but looks right to me)

GPG : http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key