Re: firewalls books

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, debian lists wrote:

> Mick Bauer (mick.at.vsi.dot.com) is writing a new O'Reilly book,
> Building Secure Servers.

Ha, it is here already. I bought it and yes it is a good book, but
propably not specific enough for the OP. It has about 20 pages on design
and the appendix has 2 examples.

For generic information I recommend "Building Internet Firewalls" very
highly. For in-depth information buy Bob Ziegler's "Linux Firewalls 2nd
Edition". If you are a bit short on cash you could visit Oskar
Andreasson's site and download the excellent "IPTables Tutorial". You
can find it at http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/.

HTH

Grx HdV