Re: iptables NAT entry times out but connects from firewall

Hello Michael,

> Would be interesting to see the network traffic on the external
> interface. Without that, you can't tell much ..
Why?  What can I do to see this and how to interpret it?

Michael Bergbauer wrote:
On Mon Apr 28, 2003 at 10:2742PM -0500, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

There is a firewall with two NICs and the below rule to allow an
internal host to connect out to smtp servers on the internet.  Some
hosts have a connection timeout on a connect from $INTERNAL_IP_OF_SMTP
yet connect from the firewall just fine.

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -o $NIC_EXTERNAL \
      --dport 25 -s $INTERNAL_IP_OF_SMTP -j MASQUERADE

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =