Re: how to setup the firewall init script...

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 23:56:07 +0200
Mattias Brändström <brasse@ludd.luth.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a question a about how to setup my firewall init script, or
> rather how to get it to run at boot.
>
> As I understand it I can specify commands that will be executed when
> the network interfaces are initalized in /etc/network/interfaces.
> Should I use 'up' or 'pre-up'? Should I add the up/pre-up statements
> to eth0 or eth1, or doesn't it matter?
>
> :.:: mattias

Hello matthias,

why don't you simply execute your script and then run
"/etc/init.d/iptabes save active". After that tell init to run
the "/etc/init.d/iptables" script in the desired runlevel, it'll load
the rules you saved before as "active".

Marc