Re: Recommendations for a simple firewall please

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 05:31:45AM -0800, Tony Sequeira wrote:

> I would like a firewall that springs into action when I dial up my
> ISP, and goes down when I disconnect.

It's not yet a Debian package, but you might take a look a my firewall
script (http://asgardsrealm.net/linux/firewall/).  It's a simple bash
script with external configuration file.  I use it for all Internet
connected Debian machine.  It's designed for use on a system providing
NAT'd access to the Internet for a local network, but should work fine
on a single machine too.

For starting and stopping when you connect and disconnect from your dial
up, you can use the ppp hooks to start the script when the connection
comes up and stop it when it goes down.

--
Jamin W. Collins