Re: Where to place firewall files?

Leszek Szczepanowski wrote:
> My question is about, where in Debian place firewall files ?
> And what is better - some plain file with set of 'iptables' commands,

I like to put 'up' and 'down' commands to load it in
/etc/network/interfaces, using iptables-save and iptables-restore.
There's also an init script available, which stores rules in
/var/lib/iptables.

> or more complicated set of scripts which interpretes rules from
> file?
> And related question, just in case, where to define ethernet aliases,
> to be more smart than 'slackware' set of "autoexec" files...

I haven't done this, but look at the interfaces(5) manpage, especially
the part about 'mapping'.

Jason