Re: blocking kazaa

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 04:39:22PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> I'm aware of most of these options... I've considered getting the
> referenced title a few times now.  The question was more of an exercise.
> An each of the solutions involves the addition of a little more
> inconvenience to the end users.  Which brings us back to the balancing
> of convenience and control.

of course, network security is all about making intruder's lives as
inconvenient as possible - sometimes users lose the convenience they
are used from single-machine-dialups, but that's the price for
security.

Ciao, Arne.
--
 ,``o. OpenBSD        -        Debian GNU/Linux        -        Solaris  >o)
>( ,c@ GPG 1024D/913C2F81 2000-10-11  Arne P. Boettger <apb@createx.de>  /\\
 ',,,' Fingerprint = 6ED9 9A64 CD8A EB6F D841  0391 2F08 8F86 913C 2F81 _\_V