Re: iptables the Debian way

Hi,

I personally use the iptables init.d script on some machines without any
problems so far. But they all have static addresses. On dial-up systems I
prefer using scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-[up|down].d.

I also handle additional settings like QOS, /proc tuning and routing
corrections with some scripts in /etc/network/if-*.d - this could be a
good place for an iptables script if you don't want to use the init.d
one. so this may be "the Debian way", but my interpretation of the
maintainers warnings are more like "don't use it if you're not sure
what you do".

HTH
Frederik Schüler