Re: Using pptp through kernel 2.2 or 2.4

On 2 Aug 2002, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:

> Hi all. I need to access a PPTP server from a nated win box through my
> firewall. I can't tell why this works for kernel 2.4 but doesn't for
> kernel 2.2.
>
> Do you know why ?

No.

With 2.2 kernels we used to patch the sources with grsecurity patch(es?)
for PPTP NAT.

> Is there any tcpdump expression to watch specific pptp traffic ?

I guess you looking for something like this one:

tcpdump -i eth0 proto 47 -nl

> any suggestions are welcome ! thanx !

I noticed the following problem with PPTP NAT on 2.4 kernels
When I route PPTP traffic to another outgoing interface and switch NAT to
different source ip I had to wait a timeout to expire to get PPTP traffic
NATed properly.

Hope this helps,
Nicholay