Re: ipchains / upgrade to woody

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 03:50:17PM +0200, Guido Notari wrote:

> > everything was ok: Ipchains start to log everything to the console,
> making it
> > virtually unusable. I tried to switch to the other virtual consoles
> (alt-f1-
> > f12), but the same happened, everything was logged to all of the
> consoles.
>
> in /etc/sysctl, add
>
> kernel/printk = kernel/printk = 3       4       1       7
>
> (you could check the previous value with sysctl -a, beforehand: it's
> probably 7       4       1       7).

Eh, what does that _do_?  I'm not doubting you, just looking for a
reference.

I "solved" this problem a while back by adding the following to
/etc/init.d/klogd:

  KLOGD="-c 4"

Best,

--
Nathan Norman - Micromuse Ltd. mailto:nnorman@micromuse.com
  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small