Re: script init

* sim ton (firewall38@lycos.com) ha scritto:
> hi,
> so my firewall is almost good :)
> but i want to init it at any reboot ...
> i've heard of iptables-save and i used it but i don't really know how it works because it didn't work
> so i just need a easy solution which is running my script firewall.sh at any reboot
> thanks

 i do this way (don't know how much debian standards compliant it is, but
it works):

once your firewall is setup, just do:
$ iptables-save > /etc/init.d/myfirewallrules

and in the init.d directory the firewall.sh is:

echo -ne "Starting Firewall... "
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/usr/sbin/iptables-restore < /etc/init.d/firwal2
echo -ne "done\n"

 it's a very dumb script, with no error correction or detection... but i
don't care. then just link the firewall.sh in your rcX.d, and the game is
done.

--
 littlejohn -- dynebolic developer -- dynebolic.dyne.org
 latest iso: http://mufhd0.dyne.org/dynebolic-0.4.iso.gz