Re: MPLS VPN COMPATIBLITY

Hello,

MPLS VPN are not based at all on ipsec, this is a totally different approach. If you want
to use ipsec within MPLS VPN, this is another story. You should split the problem in 2:
get an MPLS implementation for linux and user freeswan on top of it. I know that 6 month
ago i saw some work on an MPLS implementation for linux, should be a good place to start.

The code managing labels should definitively be outisde of the ipsec scope.

JeF

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 02:01:22AM -0700, sumit mittal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to incorporate MPLS support in the existing
> FREESWAN implementation.Can i insert an MPLS lable
> into the packet and KLIPS would run properly->if not
> should i have to make change to KLIP?
> Plz suggest me as to how i should go about it.
>
> Thanx
> Sumit MIttal

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> jef@linuxbe.org