DNS behind firewal (using external IP)

Hello,
I've got a system behind a firewall (assigned a CIDR address, on a DMZ
interface), with my firewall assigned an extra external IP for the DNS
server. I've set it up so it answers ARP requests, and have NAT setup so
it forwards the DNS requests to the server (using DNAT). Problem is I
can't seem to get DNS transfers working (it's slaves cannot transfer,
and it can't receive NOTIFY from servers it is slave to). I verified
that DNS tcp port is being translated as well (tcp 53), but still no
luck. Any ideas?

thanks
--
Sean McAvoy