Re: dhcp server subnetting

Colin Watson écrivait :
> It's possible to do that, sure, but if you ever try to connect your
> machine to a VPN where other people are using RFC 1918 addresses then
> you'll run into problems if you've been excessively greedy. It's better
> practice to use a more reasonably-sized subnet.

You are totally right!

We (at my agency) are using VPN, putting the country line number from
ISO-3166 in the second byte, the organisation unit number in the third
byte, and the computer number in the last one. We have many little local
networks. :)

We also have thought about reserving 10.0 as the backbone (still not used
like this) and 10.255 as the mobile computers/networks... But our work is
not finished yet, if you (or anybody else off course) have suggestion about
good ways of using it, don't hesitate to tell me! :)

Regards, J.C.