Re: Re: iptables modules and libs

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 02:25:26PM +0200, Dmitry Golubev wrote:
> Why as a module? Why don't You want to buld it in the kernel statically?
> It would be like more stable solution...

What I have read seems to indicate that modules are the way to go here

The linux kernel in general is leaning towards modularity where static
drivers are not required. (not required for booting the system before
drives are mounted)

Once netfilter capability is built into the kernel, new modules (when
released) can be added with a 'make modules && make modules_install'
no reboot required.

iptables seems to be fine with loading modules from config scripts as
needed. All my scripts call iptables modules; I can also remove the
modules and reload my firewall without rebooting.

aloha,
dave