Re: syntax to drop a single address?

Jean Christophe ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> writes:

>> Please do not use all-upercase chain names, use the MixedCase convention.
>> Names such as LogDrop won't conflict with future kernel and/or userspace
>> extensions.
>
> If it's a well admited convention, may be it should be written in the
> iptables man page, near the -N option description.

Currently, it isn't, and I think it's a problem.  In particular, very
strange things happen if a name collision occurs (e.g. you don't get a
clear error message when you try to create a queue with such a name).

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/