Re: ipchains --> iptables converter

* Hereward Cooper (zadok@phreaker.net) [020809 07:20]:
> Hi,
>
> Is there such as a thing as a ipchains --> iptables converter? I could
> really do with one right now.

Your kernel can be built with ipchains support, in which case you can
just continue to use your old ipchains ruleset with your new 2.4.x
kernel.

If you just give it a shot, I think you'll find that the differences
between ipchains and iptables really aren't that vast, and that mostly
the netfilter design makes a lot more sense, and the iptables interface
removes a few annoyances that were present in ipchains.  Unless you have
an inordinately complex ruleset, I believe you can convert manually very
easily.

good times,
Vineet
--