Re: Smurf

I think that you either don't understand smurf attacks or I am totally
misunderstanding what you are trying to ask.

"Smurf attacks" are not any sort of break-in attempt. They are a flood of
off incoming DoS attacks as an end-user. (They are hitting your firewall,
creating the same bottleneck in traffic as they would if the attack got
through to internal machines)

You can prevent your internal users from launching smurf attacks from your
network, by dropping forged packets at any of your gateways. (Preferably
the closest gateway to the user).

Hope that helps,

Adam