RE: Stopping people finding out uptime?
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Stopping people finding out uptime?
- From: "Andrew Pearce" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:11:13 +0100
- Message-id: <002801c1e3f0$98f19570$0601a8c0@gorgonzola>
- In-reply-to: <000001c1e3dc$7d66bd80$8e2798d5@laptop>
Try "echo 0 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps"
From: Charlie Grosvenor [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: 14 April 2002 18:48
Subject: Stopping people finding out uptime?
If I port scan my machine nmap finds out how long my machine
has been on for, How can I stop people outside my network from finding
this information out?
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.346 / Virus Database: 194 - Release Date: 10/04/2002
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com