Re: Firewall Public IP's?

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:
> I agree with Daniel Pittman's reply, I would just like to add that if
> you cannot touch the Cicso at all, you probably will need to turn on
> proxy-arp in the Debian box.

This is so that the client machines can still see the Cisco box, which
is presumably their default gateway, right?

I forgot to mention the easiest way to deal with that; setting the
firewall machine as the default gateway for the clients also works.

        Daniel

--
The aim of psychoanalysis is to relieve people of their neurotic unhappiness
so that they can be normally unhappy.