Re: Firewall Public IP's?

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:
> I agree with Daniel Pittman's reply, I would just like to add that if
> you cannot touch the Cicso at all, you probably will need to turn on
> proxy-arp in the Debian box.

This is so that the client machines can still see the Cisco box, which
is presumably their default gateway, right?

I forgot to mention the easiest way to deal with that; setting the
firewall machine as the default gateway for the clients also works.

The aim of psychoanalysis is to relieve people of their neurotic unhappiness
so that they can be normally unhappy.
        -- Sigmund Freud