Re: kernel logging iptables info to console

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:

> iptables -I INPUT -i ppp0 -m state --state INVALID,NEW -j LOG
> --log-prefix "IPTABLES - NEW PACKETS: "  --log-level info
> iptables -I FORWARD  -i ppp0 -m state --state INVALID,NEW -j LOG
> --log-prefix "IPTABLES - NEW PACKETS: " --log-level info
> The packets get written to /var/log/kern.log but they also get
> outputed on the console. How can I stop the packets from
> appearing on the console.

Your syslog configuration for kern.info is what's responsible.

"That young girl is one of the least benightedly unintelligent organic life
forms it has been my profound lack of pleasure not to be able to avoid
meeting." - Marvin the Robot, from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy