Limit inbound traffic with Ingress policer qdisc.

Hi.

Sorry if this is the wrong list to post this.
If it is (the wrong list) then please advice to which list it should go.

I'm trying to setup Ingress policer qdisc to limit incoming traffic to my server,
but I cannot make it work.

Issuing the following command:

$ tc qdisc add dev $DEV handle ffff: ingress
$ tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match ip src \
	0.0.0.0/0 police rate 410kbit burst 10k drop flowid :1

makes all traffic through eth0 stop.

Im using iproute 20010824-7 (From debian unstable) on Debian woody.
The iproute package in Woody did not allow me to use ingress.
Linux kernel is 2.4.19pre4-ac2.

The server is also running a iptables firewall, which is working perfectly.
Shaping outgoing traffic through cbq also works.

I've tried all sorts of things (including removing all iptables rules,
and setting all policies to accept), but nothing seems to help.

Any help appreciated.
Anders Fugmann

P.s.
Please cc me an all reply's since I'm not subscribed to the list