Re: ftp masq on non standard ports not working

See http://www.freefire.org/articles/ftpexample.php3

> Workaround: definiive passive mode. In passive mode the connection attempt is
> done _everytime_ by the client, and so the server resposes are not masqed.
> (or at least not to an unidentified port) At a number of ftp servers you have
> the possibility to select the passive ports to connect to (I prefer proftpd),
> and the ip address it is considering itself to be at.

Note: even in pasiv mode the masq module makes sence, since it tracks data
connections and keeps the control connection alive. This is useful for long
running up/downloads.

> PS1: imho the ip_masq_ftp is only working for port 21, so you have to use a
>      patched version, or you may use rinetd instead of ipmasqadm.

Nope, it is a module parameter

Greetings
Bernd
--