Re: Monitoring bandwidth thru a firewall

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 01:21:25AM +0100, Einar Andreassen wrote:
> Hi!
> is it possible to monitoring bandwidth used, thru a firewall/gateway
> is there a program I can use
>
> Best regards
> Einar

Hi, I packaged cban, a little utility founded on freshmeat.net.

I made a .deb it works for potato and woody  : )
I'm testing it because i'm appliyng to start
the new maintainer process.

It works with mrtg (and depends on it).
It does not depend on apache because someone could
generate graphs on a machine and visualize them
via another webserver after a file transfer...

If you have apache installed with default Debian
DocumentRoot /var/www/ after 5 minutes you should see
mrtg graphs under /var/www/mrtg/<your_device.html>.

!!! It's *VERY TESTING* don't use as you use a debian stable
!!! package. In my enviromnents it works well but if you
!!! want to use it test it off-production firts please.

The packet is here:
http://www.bee-side.com/cban_0.1.8-2_i386.deb

Hope this helps
Any feedback is welcome :)

BTW: any sponsors?  :)))

--
Fabio Pedrazzoli      | www.bee-side.com | www.rigadicomando.org
Network Administrator | IT Consultant    | GNU/Linux