On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 13:12, Christian Bailleul wrote:
> I just installed Debian on an old Pentium 90 with 32 mb RAM. It is my
> intention to make a firewall out of it for my cabelmodem-connection.
> Can anybody provide me with some (links to) good documentation ?
> Please be aware that I'm a real newbie at Linux and Firewalls.
You're going to find an overwhelming amount of documentation. Here's the
bare bones of what you need to know for a quick start. (IMHO, YMMV, etc.)
0) You need two NICs. Point eth0 to the cablemodem, eth1 to your
1) If you installed potato, upgrade to woody
2) Install kernel-image-2.4.17
3) If not already installed, install the iptables package
4) Install the ipmasq package
Bob's your uncle!
geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~.
The Choice /V\
http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a GNU /( )\
- From: Christian Bailleul <firstname.lastname@example.org>