Re: Is ipmasq worth it?

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Florian Friesdorf wrote:

> My personal favourite is now ferm (apt-cache show ferm)
> It's a language of its own, relatively powerful, which translates
> either to iptables, ipchains or ipfwadm (not fully supported iirc)
> commands which are executed.

Cool.

<plug>
I made a similar tool a while ago:

    http://hairy.beasts.org/filter/

The language is a little more abstracted than ferm's (with
the unfortunate effect that the semantics are somewhat
vague) but looks pretty similar.

There's an example ruleset in the README:

    http://hairy.beasts.org/filter/filter/README

It supports iptables and ipchains and also has incomplete
backends for Cisco IOS ACLs and ipfilter.
</plug>

Matthew.