Help required

I am in a precarious situation :
One fine morning , my boss pulled out a cable to
connect the 2 switches (1 switch for one LAN).
This may be what it looks like :

(machines                       (machines
10.10.1.*)                      192.255.255.*)
[switch1]  -------------------- [switch2]
 |                               |
LAN1's                          LAN2's
computers                       computers
connected                       connected
to this switch                  to this switch

This choice came out of the blue and I do not
have time to work out my basics right !

I am too tensed up to think. My thinking is
I will have to get the 192.255.255.*  LAN
over to 10.something.something.something .

One is Class A , the other is Class C ,
so may be I will make all of them onto
Class A.

Well , my boss wants the Proxy (to the Internet)
{and later the firewall which I will then ask you}
to be on 192.255.255.1 . That means the
10.10.1.* guys will have to reach the other LAN
via the switch and then use the Proxy.

Is my line of thinking right ? ie: Converting the Class C
-based LAN2 's IP Addresses over to the 10.*.*.*  ,
so that both Windoze and Linux can see LAN2 .

Please share your views and experience on this.

Warm Regards,
Shyam
--

"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."