Re: ONLY 1 NIC RESPONDING ON 3 INSTALLED NICS

Hi

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Spiridon, Jihad wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I'm quite new to linux and i'cve started with a quite complicated
> xxI'm installing a firewall with 3 nics in order to create a DMZ .
> I had many problems to install the cards untill I observe the following:
> Even if the NICs are properly recognized by the BIOS and during linux boot
> (using dmesg),only
> one of them is working: I gave a fixed ip address to each but i can ping the
> 3 of them only
> if one of the card is connected to our LAN. Is there an explanation ?
>
> My kernel is now 2.4.12.
> 2 Asus PCI L-101NICS (using eepro100 driver)
> 1 REALTEK using driver ne2k-pci.

Could you please supply the output of 'ifconfig -a' (/sbin/ifconfig , if
/sbin is not in your PATH)?

If you have a card there which is not "UP" then you should define its
configuration in /etc/network/interfaces (see interfaces (5) )

If you only see 'eth0' there then you should either set up  /etc/modules
(a list of mudules which are loaded automatically) or load the modules
manually with 'modprobe'

BTW: In the future, please avoid an ALL CAPS subject, unless you really
think that it is worth SHOUTING.

--
Tzafrir Cohen                        /"\
mailto:tzafrir@technion.ac.il        \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign