Re: Firewall for IIS using virtual servers?

also sprach Christian Schlettig (on Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:51:20PM +0200):
> the administrator of my ISP told me that this scenario would not
> allow virtual servers on the IIS! I doubt that but would like to ask
> someone before setting this up!

bollocks. unless the dude can't configure them right. virtual servers
merely depend on unique IPs *or* the Host header in the HTTP request,
which is sent just like anything else in the HTTP request to port 80.
so you allow any -> IIS:80 and respective answers, and you are set...

i have the power to channel my imagination
into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.