Re: Adding a 2nd NIC to create a DMZ

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 03:03:10PM +0100, Michael Boyd wrote:
> Thanks for that, I think I will try and lay my hands on another 3c509
> NIC like the first one rather than get invoved in recompiling the
> kernel.

No need to do this if you have another card which is supported by the
stock kernel (I am assuming you are still running that kernel).

You can just modprobe the driver for your 2nd card (as the other poster
mentioned), and assuming it works, add a line to /etc/modules to make
sure it loads on every boot.

--

Jim B.
vader@conflict.net