Re: Firewal Rules

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Cassandra Ludwig wrote:

> not dynamic...  My real question here is, how would I go about allowing the
> windows machine(s) behind the firewall to receive full responses from the
> internet without returning the firewall back to it's previous default state
> of ACCEPT.  There are so many ports under 1024 that I want to block off from
> external use, and I do not personally feel like blocking all 1010 (or
> whatever) ports manually.

Another option is to consider whether a SOCKS server is a viable solution in
this situation-- often these "odd" windows clients (notably ICQ) do indeed
have reasonable SOCKs support.

Cheers--

Roger
--
It does not matter much what a man hates provided he hates something.
        Samuel Butler (1835-1902)

---
| Roger Gregory | GnuPGP Key ID: 0x9DC14B9E         |
| 7723 A923 AA73 AAAD 9E9F CD37 6190 871A 9DC1 4B9E |