Re: name server on firewall box?

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 12:44:20PM +0200, Christian Volk wrote:
> With the new ISP it seems I don't have any choice but to move the name server
> to the router/firewall machine to set the IPs after dial-up.

Personally I would run a solid caching name server on the firewall:

http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/faq.html
http://www.djbdns.org

Anyway whatever name server you do end up running (if any), make sure to
also bind it only to your internal interface(s) as well as firewall it
off from the outside (in case of any configuration errors).

--

Jim B.
vader@conflict.net