Re: SSh

Hi all,

On Tuesday 03 April 2001 15:22, Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Ivan Chillon wrote something i didn't understand :
<i cut it ...>

Someone translated :

> For those of us who do not speak Italian, the above reads, more or less:
> "I want to use SSH to remotely access my firewall. Can somebody help me
> to find a suitable version for WinNT and Win2K and to install it?"

Thank you.

> One possibe answer is the following: use any web search engine to locate
> the Teraterm Pro SSH plugin. Teraterm itself and the plugin are free, and
> work well.

I like cygwin. You can find ssh and a lot of other gnu tools with a complete
cygwin package.

Ivan, I imagine you dont use a us-mapped keyboard.. so this might be of
interest for you :

Putty gave me a lot of problems with belgian keyboards (i wasn't able to use
the pipe and the arobas ... not easy to assume ...) - i didn't encounter
those problems with cygwin.

Installing cygwin is pressy easy : go to http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/and
click on setup.exe. Setup will be downloaded and run, and next it will ask
for the packages you want to install and download them for you. After, i
think you have to run setup again to install the packages.

You'll get a lot more than an ssh client : also an X server (i dont use
windows, but some of my friends have to run it on their workstation and they
like to run all their tools in a windows command-line, displayed in a windows
window), command-line tools like bash, grep, vi, text tools like mutt, and so
on.

Maybe somebody can translate and send to Giacomo ?

Dexter