Re: Active & passive FTP

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 09:14:32PM +0200, Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt wrote:
> In my experience, you'll have to stick with passive, even though this is a
> pain sometimes.

Pasive is good for the Clients, Active is good for the servers. IMHO you
should offer Pasive on your server because of the many clients wanting to
access it. If you do not have the infrastructure (dedicated ftp server) then
you most likely should not do FTP but something like HTTP.

I'm still not finisged with my article on FTP Filtering, but some info is
on:

http://www.freefire.org/articles/ftpexample.php3

Greetings
Bernd