Re: Active & passive FTP

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 04:42:23PM +0200, Sven Burgener wrote:

> Are there any example ipchains commands for both active and passive FTP
> on a server and on a client.
>
> If not, where is an authoritive document that'd give me enough
> information to figure out exactly which ports are needed for both
> the client and the server for both active and passive FTP ... ?

This isn't a straight forward answer.  But it will provide you with
the example you need.  Visit this website and fill in the necessary
information and you will have a script which will help you learn
ipchains.  Currently it doesn't support iptables, but it is easy
enough to convert.

http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/firewall/index.html

Mark Hurley