Re: How to apply kernel-patch-freeswan the Debian way?

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:58:51AM +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The plain vanilla X.Y.Z kernels are usually tested well enough that I trust
> Linus. The pre-Kernels are the testing ground, how should someone with
> limited knowledge install these on an important machine?

F.Y.I.: Linus has *nothing* to do with 2.2.x (or any stable branch)
releases. All 2.2.x kernels (except for 2.2.0 obviously) are done by Alan
Cox, so you may just as well grab one of the ac patches.

Regards,

Filip

--
<     GPG key at public keyservers. Signed or encrypted mail preferred.     >

<CosmicRay> Overfiend: btw, are you aware that the NSA owns parts of the
            Linux kernel?
<Overfiend> ? what file?
<CosmicRay> Overfiend: several, I'll get you a list.
<CosmicRay> bunches of files in drivers/net
* Thunder- prepares to check every file on the list for backdoors