Re: 2 Nic cards

<snip>
> I am building a debian firewall box as a senior project.  What is the best
> way to install and config 2 Nic cards (PCI Linksys)  Would I install one
> before I install Debian?  Then install the other or probe for both during
> the install?  Any other things I need to consider.
</snip>

Two ethernet cards should work just fine with the initial install, provided that
they are both PCI, or one PCI, one ISA.  I have never had any trouble with this
kind of configuration.  When you are loading the modules, you are prompted for
additional parameters.  If the system has trouble locating them both, you can
usually specify IRQs, base addresses, etc. depending on the module.

I see no reason not to have both cards in the macine during the install.

If you were dealing with two ISA NICs, it would be a whole different ballgame.
--
  Jordan R. Urie