Re: UDP NAT [Nat to DNS Server]

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Ryan White wrote:

> I am looking to make a NAT to a DNS server and also a "bidirectional" UDP
> NAT. Is this possible? I have seen this kind of thing done on Cisco routers
> but haven't been able to do it in iptables.

I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, but if you want a DNS server
on a machine which is on a private network which uses NAT to access the
Internet, I'm here to tell you it's possible, and really easy.

Port forward 53 to the internal box, and NAT will take care of the rest.

If that's not what you want, then try explaining in detail (ASCII diagrams
are a pain to draw but work well) what it is, precisely, you want.  I'm yet
to find too much which iptables isn't capable of.

Matt
iptables fanatic