Re: Request For Information

High,

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 josh.winters@webstream.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you please direct this request to the proper party or department?
> We would like to get some additional information about your business in
> an effort to explore the ways that we might be able to work together. If
> possible, we would like to receive your media package. If you have an
> interest, please respond to the address below, or visit our web site.

Well, Debian is just a Linux distribution. Information about our distro
can be found on www.debian.org. Debian is completely free, see the
homepage for more information about downloading and installing. As far as
I know there is not a single person guiding the whole project.

If you want to find out if it is something for you, install it, read the
docs, try, read the docs again, and, when stuck, you can try the
mailinglists.

Things why to prefer Debian above other Linux distro's:
- the software packages are very easy to maintain
- upgrading to a newer version of a package/Debian is one single command
- security fixes are easy to install

Greetz,
Sebastiaan