Re: Double router in a network and cached routes

Thanks for your quick response, Tomas.

El 29 Aug 2001 a las 09:53AM +0200, Tomas Beinaravicius escribio:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Andres Seco Hernandez wrote:
> > Routing in all computers is set to the router A, who has manual entries to
> > a lot of internal networks. This router A has a default gateway for
> > router B (the firewall) to reach the internet.
> > All is good except when a machine (client machine) in a network reached
> > using router A is down (failed machine). router A then tells "client
> > computer" who wants to send packages to the "failed machine" to route
> > then using router B (the firewall). So, the "client machine" adds a
> > routing entry in its table visible only with "route -C", but i can not
> > delete that entry. I use "mon" to check that computer a lot of times, so
> > the routing cache about the failed machine is cleaned never. If i stops
> > the mon daemon, the routing cache cleans automatically some time after,
> > and i can re-start mon again without problems.
> > How can i clean the routing cache manually? Or, can i force shortest time
> > for the cache to be cleaned?
> First of all, you may disable ICMP redirects on A, then route to B will
> never appear on client machines.

In this case, client can reach final computers through B? is A who sents
the package sent by the client to B?

> Second, you may put B on a different subnet than client machines, the
> routing entry will not appear either.

Well, this is not valid for me. A has only a lan interface, so i can put A
on a different subnet, through B, but all the trafic will congest B then,
i think.

--
Andres Seco Hernandez    -     AndresSH@alamin.org
MCP ID 445900     -     http://andressh.alamin.org