connections through NAT are disconnected

Hi

I have a NAT router. The box is debian potato with kernel 2.2.19 .

My problem is that TCP connections get disconnected too often. (sometimes:
even after around 10 minutes of inactivity).

I have verified that this is not due to a bad connection. For instance: I
ssh fom an internal computer ('Client') to a computer just outside the NAT
network ('Server').

in Client the settings of KeepAlive are the default (that is on
, right?)

Are those disconnections a "feature" of the linux NAT or is there
anything I can do about this?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:tzafrir@technion.ac.il