Re: iptables and X11 forwarding through ssh

Thanks for the information, Vineet. The absence of the loopback device was
the answer. With that added, X11 forwarding works fine.

My understanding of iptables is still rudimentary. I've found most of the
little documentation that is available is not easy to understand. For
instance, none have mentioned problems with blocking icmp packets that you
had mentioned.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |