Re: can't ping local 'net, even with no firewall

* Matthew Garman (garman@uiuc.edu) [010724 23:14]:

> The other box is a Windows NT box (so I'm even more in the dark there :(

Maybe you should ensure that the other host is set up correctly?
Apart from having a broken OS installed on it, I mean =p No, really,
though: check that the NT box isn't dropping any packets (I don't
remember exactly, but go find TCP/IP settings and find a Security tab
after clicking on an "Advanced..." button, or some bs). Also check
route there. Do you get the same behaviour if you ping 192.168.0.1
from the NT box?

> Also, I *can* ping localhost (both "ping localhost" and "ping 127.0.0.1"
> work fine), and I can even ping Internet hosts when I have ppp connection
> alive.
>
> About a week ago this worked: I could ping the other computer, and it
> could load pages off my webserver, and I could even get NAT working.

Well, about a week ago here I plugged in a new host on my home
network, but that shouldn't affect yours in any way =p Sorry, I'm
being a smartass today. Anyway, can you think of anything you changed
about a week ago? Does anybody else change anything on either of your
computers?

Vineet