Re: firewall conceptual question

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 01:33:11PM -0500, Matthew Garman wrote:

You might want to drop certain packages before going through the whole
list, just to optimize packets traveling through netfilter a bit. Also you
might have bit different drop-chains, default that doens't log and some
other chain that also logs.

And you might want to first drop one or few IPs from a network block
and after that allow larger network, including just those few IPs.

Just to mention few reasons, so it doesn't have to be redundant but can
be inevitable not that we would even in theory want to avoid these
situation, it's perfectly normal.

--
	++ytti