Re: Iptables question(s)

I've been watching this email chain and decided to use it
to tighten up my debian unstable iptables setup that never
really blocked outside access.  I want to thank everyone
who's pitched in w/ info.

I used one of the earlier commented examples by
Vineet Kumar (thanks Vineet) for my starting point.

There were two glitches I hit.  One was I didn't have
the state extension compiled into the kernel (or as a
module), so "-state" broke until I did.  The other was
the current unstable iptables doesn't like -state before
the -A command.  I moved "-state" back and put it
in just before "--state" and all was well.

The key reminder I'm tossing into the list is to
be sure you have all necessary iptables pieces
compiled either as modules or directly into the
kernel before working with these scripts.

Thanks again,
Heitzso