Re: Iptables question(s)

Vineet Kumar wrote:

> From the kernel? What does the message really say? IIRC pump sometimes
> reports "Operation failed" -- can you diagnose more precisely where
> the message orignates from? Does it show up in a log? (which one?) or
> on the console?
>
> Vineet

Here is the complete error mesage I receive from command prompt after I
attemp to execute my netfilter script as root after a clean boot.

root@NodeFilter:/etc/network# sh netfilter
Operation failed.
Bad argument `eth0'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

If I hash out the lines:

>IPADDR="`/sbin/pump --status | /bin/grep IP: | /bin/sed -e 's/.*IP: > //'`"

and

> iptables -A INPUT --source $IPADDR -i $EXTIFACE -j DROP

I do not receive any error messages. I'm assuming that the error message is
related to the operation that determines my IP address and to the IPTables
rule which executes incorrectly after the inital IP determinition option
fails.

Any ideas on how-to solve this?

Stef