Re: Confusing Slow Connections

> one linux, the other windows.
> Sometimes we have noticed that the windows computer will
> slow down its accessing web pages or make ssh connections slowly
>
> The linux box has the same problemes but not as often
>

> COudl the gateway/firewall be impeding preformance?

One thing we noticed here serving netatalk, the connections back to the Macs were extremely slow until we filled /etc/hosts with the ip's and domain names. I can't comment if this is what's happening to you, but you might try entering the info for the two clients into the hosts file of the fw.

Cheers,
--
Support Intellectual Property.	|	Lance Levsen
Surrender yours to Microsoft.	|	Programmer